Research grants and loans are intended for students who, for example: Are universities of Applied Sciences, Colleges or Universities of Applied Sciences. If you are over 20, you can also apply for scholarships. Loans to study compulsory high school at Komvux (community college) or folk high school. Loans for studies in Sweden 2023
You have to repay the loan. If you don’t want to take out a loan, you can only apply for a grant. Low-interest rate, unsecured loan with long-term repayment. The interest rate for 2022 is 0%.
New Student Loans With Raised Age Limits From 2022
The Capitol introduced new student loans with higher age limits, raising the age limit from 56 to 60. The new loan will be introduced in 2022 for all students with loans. The age limit for students with educational access permits will also be raised from 56 to 60.
Other Scholarships and Loans You Can Apply For
- Some students may receive more scholarships or borrow more money.
- If you have custody of a child under the age of 18, you can apply for child benefits.
If you have previous work experience and have a certain minimum income, you can apply for additional financing. You can receive it from the age of 25.
- If you are enrolled in compulsory education or a liberal arts school and meet certain requirements, you can receive a larger portion of the study grant subsidy. You can also receive this if you have completed a complementary course of study with a degree in education. When you apply for a scholarship or student loan, CSN will check if you are eligible for an increased scholarship, so you don’t have to apply for it yourself.
- In some cases, you can apply for additional loans if there are additional costs for your studies. For example, you may incur costs for double accommodation or certain transfers.
If your income exceeds the income limit
You can receive income up to a certain amount without affecting your student grants or student loans. The income limit is calculated semi-annually from January to June or July to December. If your income exceeds the income limit, you will not be eligible for a grant or loan of the same amount.
Income limits depend on the number of weeks you study and whether you study full-time or part-time. For example, if he studies full-time for 20 weeks in a calendar semester with student grants and loans, the income limit is SEK 101,697. Income limits can be found in the decision you receive from CSN.
REQUIREMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Various requirements and requirements must be met in order to be eligible for a
- The training you attend must justify your student’s funding rights.
You must be enrolled in the course.
- Your studies must be at least 50% full-time and last at least three weeks.
Must be under 60 years old. The amount you can borrow decreases from the year you reach age 51.
You cannot receive certain other benefits at the same time you receive a student grant or loan. B. Activity Assistance, Sickness Benefits, and Referral Benefits.
- Study Grants and Student Loans are available for a limited time only.
- College, university or other post-secondary education: up to 240 weeks
High school: up to 80 or 120 weeks, depending on academic background
Compulsory education: up to 40, 80 or 100 weeks, depending on previous education and field of study .
- If you previously studied with a research grant or college admissions grant, you must meet the credit requirements to receive study grants and loans again. Credit requirements vary by course.
He may not be eligible for college grants and student loans if renewal fees or claims are unpaid by him for more than one period. Please contact CSN for more information.
- Special rules apply when studying abroad.
Eligibility for Swedish Language Study Funds for Foreigners
- If you are a foreigner, you must also meet special conditions to be eligible for Swedish language study funds. If you have a permanent residence permit and live in Sweden, you are generally eligible for Swedish student loans.
- If you have a temporary residence permit from the Swedish Immigration Service because you have a refugee or similar status, Swedish student loans are generally also available.
- Furthermore, different regulations apply depending on whether you are a national of a country within or outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland.
Information for people entering Sweden from Ukraine
- People leaving Ukraine and arriving in Sweden can stay in Sweden for 90 days without a permit or entry visa, after which they are not eligible for scholarships.
- Ukrainian citizens granted residence permits in Sweden under the EU Temporary Protection Directive are not eligible for study grants from the Swedish National Committee for Student Finances (CSN). This is because, according to the Social Security Law (socialförsäkringsbalken), Ukrainian citizens should not be considered to reside here.
- Ukrainian citizens who have applied for asylum and have been granted refugee status in Sweden may be eligible for Swedish research grants.
Application, study assurance, and payment
To apply for student assistance, you must:
- Prepare the application form. Look up your study hours, consider how much you need to borrow, and calculate your income for study hours.
- Please apply from Minasidoru (My Page). Sign in with your e-ID, the fastest way.
After receiving the decision from CSN, please check that everything is correct. If you have any problems, please contact CSN.
- If he has not yet received his study funds, or if it has been more than a year since he last received funds, his bank account details must be entered in the Swedbank account register. You can then pay directly to your account. Your account can be held at any Swedish bank.
- At the beginning of the semester – Submit your Letter of Acceptance to CSN and certify that you will study according to the terms of your Letter of Acceptance. Generally, you can submit your learning guarantee through Minasidor or the CSN app.
Enroll in the course. You can do it at your school.
- You will receive your first payment for the semester at the start of your studies. Payments are then made on the 25th of the month preceding each study month.
If you get sick or something changes please let us know
If something happens or changes while you are in school please let us know about the change so that we can receive the correct amount. You can make changes.
Conduct research in fewer units than planned
Sell a property and generate more than acceptable income.
If you are a foreign national, you must also notify CSN. If your residence permit changes, or if you or someone close to you renounces paid employment or reduces working hours.
Submit a change notice at Minasidor or contact us in any other way. If you fail to report the changes and as a result, you receive more payments than you are entitled to receive, you will be required to repay the additional funds. We will compare the information you provide to CSN with school data.
If You or Your Child Get Sick
It is also important to report if you become ill or have to stay home to care for a sick child. In this case, you can keep grants and student loans without the week is counted as spent. It also reduces your eligibility for earned credits. Report the illness to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) and take care of the child to CSN. Loans for studies in Sweden 2023
Student Loan Repayment
If you choose to borrow money from CSN, you must repay the loan. When it is time to start repayment, the repayment schedule will be displayed.
If you are new to student loans, you must begin repaying the loan within six months of receiving your student loan. If you have already studied and started studying again, you will not be given a grace period.
The amount you have to pay each year depends on, for example,
how much you borrowed
how long you repay the loan
Loans have a maximum repayment term of 25 years and must be paid in full before the age of 64. Most are a little cheaper at the beginning and more expensive at the end. Of course, you can pay off the loan early if you wish.
If you have difficulty making repayments due to a decrease in income, you can reduce the repayment amount for a certain period of time. CSN will then review your claim and determine if it qualifies for a reduction.
Make sure CSN always has the correct address details. This is a requirement. Loans for studies in Sweden 2023
If you receive a claim
If you receive money from CSN that you are not entitled to receive, you must refund it. In this case, you will receive a reminder. Loans for studies in Sweden 2023
Appealing CSN’s Decision If you believe that
CSN’s decision was wrong, you may appeal. The appeal must be received by CSN within three weeks from the date he was notified of the decision. Loans for studies in Sweden 2023